There are many reasons that you might want to automatically apply group permissions to all new projects in the system. Maybe you want all of your reviewers to be able to view all projects in the system, but only be able to modify projects that they're assigned to. Maybe you want to grant an external agency such as addressing or a tax appraiser's office permission to view all projects in the system but not to modify anything.
In order to auto-assign permissions to all new projects your system administrator can follow the procedure described below:
- Login to the system as a Site Administrator
- Create a new Group (If you already have a group setup that identifies the members that you'll be adding you may skip this step)
- Create a new group by clicking "Site > Groups" in the navigation menu.
- Click "Create a new Group"
- Add a title for your group and click "Submit".
- Click "Add Member" and begin typing the name of the user that you would like to add and click save.
- Repeat the above step for each member that you'd like to add.
- Press Submit
- Edit the Master Project Permission Template(s)
- Click "Site > Master Project Permission Templates" (Each Workflow in the system can have it's own master permission template, but the default for all workflows is "Plan Review". If your system is configured with multiple templates, you may need to repeat this process for each one.)
- Click the "Plan Review" template to edit it (or whatever master template you need to edit):
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add a new Group Permission".
- Select the Group that you would like to add to all projects and the permission type that you would like to apply for that group.
- Press Submit
- Repeat this process for all Master Project Permission Templates that you need to change.
- If you need to apply these same permissions for existing projects please contact support for assistance.