Some users have experienced a repeating authentication popup when attempting to connect to the comment server when viewing documents. The issue has been isolated to old adobe reader saved credentials.
You can clear adobe's credentials and start again from scratch by following the procedure outlined below.
- Click the start button and open up the desktop version of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Click "Edit > Preferences".
- Click on the "Tracker" category on the left.
- Optional but Recommended - set "Automatically Check for New Comments and Form Data" to "Never"
- Optional but Recommended - set "Suspend the Check for new Comments and Form Data" to "After 30 Days of Inactivity"
- Click the button to "Clear All Stored Credentials"
- Click "OK"
You will need to re-enter your username and password for each domain that you've connected to in the past. Once you've entered your login information for each domain, you shouldn't be asked to rekey your information anymore.
Please contact support if the problem persists.